EverBright Dual TripleBright 3 (SW/LW) Model: DFEBLS68
The model DFEBLS68 is a UV light specifically designed for fluorescent applications where you need two UV wavelengths in one light assembly. The DFSLS68 has two lamps (bulbs) one a SW with a peak at 254 nm and one a LW370 with a peak at about 368 nm.
The Dual EverBright TripleBright 3 comes with two EverBright Filters which have the least amount of solarization of any SW filter made. The EverBright Filter delivers 75% transmission of 254 nm and maintains its 75% transmission with virtually no solarization. This filter will last 20+ years without having to replace it. The only filters you will ever need!
There are 13 different models of Dual TripleBright 3's available depending on which lamp and UV filter combination are used, not all models are listed on the web site.
- The Dual EverBright TripleBright comes with two EverBright filters which have the least amount of solarization of any SW filter made. These filters will last 20+ years.
- The Dual EverBright TripleBright 3 is specifically designed for fluorescent mineral displays with special features such as its patented circuits (US patents 6,479,947 and 6,838,837) that allows the lamps (bulbs) to be turned “on” and “off” millions and millions of times without affecting the life of that lamps.
- The Dual EverBright TripleBright 3 uses two 120VAC electronic ballasts that drives the lamps at about 43 KHz for more efficient lamp operation. The light has two custom designed filament transformers that heat the lamps filaments up before it is turned “on” allowing millions and millions of lamp “on-off” cycles.
- This Dual EverBright TripleBright 3 light has a SW custom designed High Output (HO) quartz lamp (LS-60-254) and a LW370 custom designed High Output (HO) lamp (LL-60-368) that comes with the light. Both the LS-60-254 and LL-60-368 lamps have a special coating on the inside of the tubing that resists the mercury from penetrating the bulb wall. The special coating allows for long lamp life with minimum UV reduction as the lamps age.
- The cover is designed so that it can be opened once it is mounted inside the display case. Loosen the one captive bolt and the cover will swing open. The cover is held on by slip hinges so by sliding the cover lengthwise the pins come out of the hinges and the cover can be easily removed to replace the lamps if necessary. Many other manufacturers of UV display lights have sheet metal screws that have to be removed around the periphery of the cover and you cannot get to the back of the UV light when it is mounted in a display.
- The EverBright Filters filter out most of the blue light that often reflects off some minerals making it hard to determine if that mineral is fluorescing blue or not.
- The large aluminum reflector is specially selected from aluminum rolls to have a high reflection at 254 nm wavelength.
- The Dual EverBright TripleBright 3 also has a fan to maintain the optimum lamp operating temperature for maximum UV output.
- The Dual EverBright TripleBright 3 dimensions are 35 3/” L x 4 ¾” W x 5 ¾” H (806mm L x 120.6mm W x 146mm H).